Saturday, January 21, 2012

Both frugal and cute

In the whole year of 2011 I spent approximately $189 on my cat. That includes food, litter, any special treats that might have been purchased for her. I don't go over the top for the cat. Let's face it, she appreciates an empty cardboard box or a plastic bag more than a fancy cat toy. And most days she's satisfied to eat dried food. Only every now and then does she get wet food as a "treat" and turns out, comparatively, that's not very expensive either.

I think I've spent more in all my other categories: food, housing, insurance, savings, entertainment, utilities, gas and auto repairs. The cat remains, to date, my cheapest yearly expense. Probably get a lot more enjoyable hours spent with her as well than with certain things.

No comments:

Post a Comment